Thursday, August 12, 2010

Soft Skills Aug. 12th


Very few students attended this class (Actually very few means 4 only including me), and believe me it was GOOD....

You people should also come and join the class.
Reasons to attend:
1. very interactive
2. Improves your hidden skills
3. Communications skills
4. Prepares you for the ultimate Interview
5. It is the only class where you might not use your Pen and Paper

OK....I know I was giving a boring lecture and thats it. If you want to come then come else no need.

About todays class
==================

Module I: Business Communication
Module II: Behavioural Skills
Module III: Group Discussions(GD) and Personal Interview


First and the most important question asked in an Interview
-----------------------------------------------------------

How to Give your Introduction??
=============================
Follow the pattern

Name: My name is (DONT USE I AM....)

Place: I stay in......

Work Experience: If no then say "I am a fresher"

Acedemic Qualification: I have done my graduation from......

Professional Qualification: If you have done any in some software company...

Project: (Optional)

Hobbies/Interest/Passion: Include any one

DO NOT INCLUDE ANY NEGATIVE POINTS ANYWHERE IN THE INTERVIEW

Aims/Goals/Aspirations:


Telephonic Interview Assessment
=================================

Thats nothing but giving interview telephonically, as mostly done in jobs from newspaper ads or from Portals.

How to:

Use words: Yeas, Sure, Certainly

+ Am, I speaking to the HR
+ Eligibility criteria +Pay package
+ Use the word "As of now I am...." more often
+ Currently I am "persuing" a course on
+ skip Project if possible
+ If u would like to know my hobbies, they are.....
+ That's all. Would you like to know anything else

If they call you
+ I would like to know the Eligibility criteria



IN AN INTERVIEW
=================
Mention: esteem, "dream with my eyes open"
Never say: "I disagree"
More polite way to say it is
-"I am sorry, but I have a different opinion...."


INTERVIEW ROUND / WALK-IN-INTERVIEW
======================================

Do a Company Research- ITS A MUST

About: shares, Taglines, Goals, Market status
Use them in the Interview Positively

SHAKE HANDS only if very few people are there. Don't shake hands when 3 or more people are there....



BREAKING THE ICE
=================

Break the Ice:
----------------
Its a moment when both the interviewer and the student remains silent and when no one initiates.
What to do??
-> Its you who should Break the Deadlock and say "Would you like to any anything more..."




Madam kept on saying one thing:

"IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY!! HONEY!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post 1

notice

Featured Post 2

IETE

Featured Post 6

results

Featured Post 7

WBUT

Featured Post 3

Featured Post 4

Featured Post 5

Featured Post 8