Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Microprocessors and Microcontrollers 18th Aug.


Chunk Of Data Transfer from one memory region to another
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

XRA A
MVI E,OAH
LXI H,2000H
LXI B,7000H

XX: LDAX H
STAX B
INX B
DCR E
JNZ XX
HLT

Some points
------------

LDAX H
Now from LXI H,2000H
It is clear that H,L pair contain address 2000H
So, Accumulator Stores the value at address 2000H

I/O
===

Two Types
(i) Memory Mapped I/O
(ii) I/O Mapped I/O

Memory Mapped I/O
==================
Scope of I/O is from Memory itself
Address-16bit
Ex- STA,LDA

I/O Mapped I/O
==============

I/O selection scope from external peripherals
Address-8bit
Ex- IN,OUT

IN 01H
Means....Input from 01H Port address to the accumulator

OUT 01H
Means.....Output to 01H Port address from the accumulator



Total Port Addresses: 256

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post 1

notice

Featured Post 2

IETE

Featured Post 6

results

Featured Post 7

WBUT

Featured Post 3

Featured Post 4

Featured Post 5

Featured Post 8